Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Story of Tangmo: A Successful English Crazy Student

Tangmo is a highschool student in Si Muang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, NE Thailand. She is one of the potential campers of our English Crazy Camp, who has got infected with our English Crazy Syndromes two years ago at the camp in Khong Chiam district. Now she is getting more and more successful in her English learning. She won many English speaking competitions, she runs English radio program with her English native speaker teacher, DJ Superman, and she kindly teaches English to her younger neighbors. Let’s get to know her more now!

Hi Everyone! I’m Tangmo, or DJ Amazing Girl of Ban Si Muang Mai (as everyone knows this given name, Amazing Girl from the radio program in my village), Ubon Ratchathani in the Northeast of Thailand. I’m 16 years old girl, studying in Si Muang Wittayakhan School, who is CRAZY in English.

I wonder if you are crazy in English like me. I’m so crazy in English even sleeptalking in English. When I was young, I could not speak English very well, when I saw foreigners I had to run as far away from them.


I really want to be excellent in English. Sounds impossible? Maybe it is not, for a student from an upcountry school like me, where there is no English in our lives. But from now on I can stand on another step of success. Come to see how I have been overcoming such difficulties.

Many students in my school, who think that English is too hard for them.I always remind myself of a saying “There is a will, there is a way”.I try to make English apart of my daily life. Everyday I read an English newspaper or magazine to get new words, and use those words to speak with my teacher. It’s hard to practice English where everyone speaks Thai. I practice English with my friends, dogs, cats or even talk to myself!.


And I also run an English radio program at the community radio station in my village with my English teacher, and invite foreigners and other people from other place come to visit Si Muang Mai to interview them for my radio program. Besides, I spend my weekend teaching English to younger children in my village, taking pictures to make postcards and opening my world by surfing the Internet!

I hope for one day! I can be one of the best English speaking persons and get a chance to travel around the world. I have a dream.

Cheers!
Tangmo
Amazing girl
tangmo500@hotmail.com

No comments: